Model United Nations Frankfurt/Main
Welcome to MainMUN
we are excited to provide you with the schedule for 2016 as well as the Background Guides for the Committees!
The entire team of MainMUN is currently working very hard to set up the upcoming conference and with only a few weeks left, more and more information will be put up for you.
MainMUN starts tomorrow and we hope you are as excited as we are!
Before the conference (for many Delegates it will be their first!) we have a few announcements to make, to help you find your way around.
1. If you are already in Frankfurt, join us for the pre-conference Frankfurt Tour on Wednesday at 18.00h!
For those of you coming in on Wednesday, we have prepared a small pre-conference activity, namely our very own version of a guided Frankfurt Tour. Two of our fabulous team members, Karolina and Nathalie will walk you through the hometown of Johann Wolfgang Goethe and show you why Frankfurt can be quite a catch in terms of Sightseeing.
The meeting point for the tour is the ground-level entrance outside of McDonalds at the Hauptwache. Just take any train you can find and get off at the station “Hauptwache” and walk up the stairs! The tour will start at 6.00pm so please be there on time.
In case you cannot find the group, you can call your guides at 015905840575 and they will help you.
2. Registration will start at 12.30 p.m. in the Casino building on Frankfurt’s beautiful Westend Campus! Please register before attending your RoP workshop or attending the Opening Ceremony. From Experience we will be very busy right before the RoP workshop and the Opening, so please plan in sufficient time and try not to arrive last minute (Press team members, please register latest at 2.45 p.m. so your RoP can start on time) . You can find a marked up map of our campus here.
3. If MainMUN is your first MUN, you are not sure about the Rules of Procedure or you are just interested in the workshop, we recommend to attend one of our RoP workshops. The workshops will provide you with a basic knowledge of the rules here at MainMUN and you are welcome to ask questions during the presentation at any time. Please register at our front desk before you go to your RoP workshop and we will make sure to point you to your assigned room. For Press Team members the RoP is mandatory!
4. Unfortunately, our public transport service does not allow us reduced transportation passes, so please check if daily tickets or group tickets are the cheapest option for you to get around Frankfurt.
5. If you have any pressing questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com or ask us upon registration tomorrow.
We hope you get a good night’s sleep before the big day and we are looking forward to see you all tomorrow!
For more background information on our chairs, the committees, the topics and the MainMUN 2016 Team you can:
We are looking forward to see you at the conference in February!
Header picture: © PIA Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Foto: Tanja Schäfer